As promised, I sent an email to the address that Christian had provided
to me (very similar in content to my original post starting this
thread). Two minutes later (I'm not kidding folks) I received a call
from Alicia with DevNet support. After reading my "well thought out"
email (she doesn't know me;) she decided that, rather than send me an
email she would find a phone number for me and call me personally to
respond. To skip all of the fat and get right to the juice for you true
believers out there, Alicia has informed me that CFMX 7 will be up in
the DevNet Downloads area by Friday.

I am actually touched and overwhelmed by Macromedia's responsiveness to
me personally, and the community as a whole. This makes me much more
comfortable than I was after the response given to my vendor/reseller
(boy will she be jealous;). I told Alicia that I was going to post this
information here to the advantage of the community at large (or at least
us folks who frequent anyway).