On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:28:36 -0400, Stavros Tekes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have replaced Application.cfm in an old application of mine with
> Application.cfc.
>
> The events set there are OnRequestStart (checking to see if user has logged
> in and initializes variables in the request scope) and onRequest (that
> cfincludes a page according to a URL parameter).
>
> I noticed a performance delay on the new version of the application. some
> pages need almost twice the time to load than they did before.
>
> Has anyone observed anything similar?

Not sure if this is your problem, but do you have debugging turned on
with the "report execution times" option selected? CFCs with that
option turned on in general are dog slow because each method call has
to register itself with the debugging service. CFMs don't have this
issue. If so, try turning that option off and see what happens. We
have a very CFC-heavy application that is noticeably sluggish with the
option on, but very responsive once it's off.

Regards,
Dave.