Note that even if CFOUTPUT is horribly difficult to parse (which it
isn't), it will only have effect on the first request to a given
template, because of CF's compiler.  Once it's compiled, then the
number of tags present is utterly irrelevant, and only the number of
dynamic expressions matters.

cheers,
barneyb

--