I haven't had to change anything on this server for ages, but now we're
looking at up upgrading mySQL to mySQL 4.1 and I thought I do some other
minor maintenance while I'm at it.

So problem number one:  I've followed Steve Erats instructions on how to
set up the mySQL J Connector, but I keep getting "No suitable driver
available" "please check the driver setting in resources file, error:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".
The J Connector does work with MySQL 4.0.x, doesn't it?
This all works fine on my windows dev box.

Second problem,  I thought I'd try and see if my other problem was class
path related, so I put the mysql jar file somewhere else and tried to
change the class path to point to it.
When I hit submit I get "Important notice about last submission..." and
then a red bullet point beneath it and no message.  Up above the
"important notice" text I get what looks to be a grey cfdump output that
says "[unknown type]" and nothing else.
I've had a look at the logs and there is nothing showing up in there.

Any help would be much appreciated, cos a simple test has now turned
into a major expedition!

Regards

Stephen