From: AustralianAccommodation.com Pty. Ltd.
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 11:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Testing number of characters in CFform textarea

I am wanting to limit the number of characters being entered into a multi
lined text area cfform

does cf allow for in the design of the form to limit the input of characters
to a pre determined number preventing the data input of any further
characters (keeping in mind this is a multi lined form so the user is able
to easily read their input)

or does the form need to be submitted by the user and at the time of
submission cf test to the number of characters prior to updating the
datafield in the database

or do I have to set the max characters in the memo field of the database to
the max number of characters accepted and when those characters are exceeded
the database prevents the update and an appropriate error message is
displayed

I look forward to your comments / suggestions in this regard and thank you
in advance

Kind Regards

Claude Raiola (Director)
AustralianAccommodation.com Pty. Ltd.