> The problem is not J2EE session management itself but a mismatch
> between the CF session timeout and the underlying J2EE session
> timeout.
>
> I recommend using J2EE session management over the traditional
> CFID/CFTOKEN stuff (there's a lot of benefits - read the docs) but the
> host needs to have the system setup properly.

So, ColdFusion does not keep the J2EE session and ColdFusion session
timeouts in sync? Can I assume then that, if J2EE session management is
enabled and the session timeout is changed programmatically, you could run
into these types of problems as well?

If this is the case, then it would seem that a server hosting multiple sites
for third part developers (or any application that programmatically sets the
session timeout) should not use J2EE session management.

I've never seen this mentioned in the docs. In fact, I went looking for
reasons not to enable J2EE session management. When I didn't find any, I
wondered why Macromedia gave us the option and assumed that it had to do
with backwards compatibility.

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051