> A simple form with only four fields isn't a particularly compelling
> candidate to replace with a Flash form, and even Macromedia will tell you
> that Flash forms should not be used to replace every form.  Where you have
> multi-step processes and complex data entry is where Flash forms start to
> shine, and as Ray pointed out, the initial hit is worth it because the
> user experience is so much more solid and easy to use and you can do a lot
> more with validation, feedback, etc.

Well now the logic there may seem clear, but we must also consider
consitency in UIs.  So if most of the app has simple forms in HTML and the
user is used to them....then out comes the Flash beast that looks and acts
differently....this is bad IMHO.

I was initially pretty excited about the Flash Forms...but given some of the
reports I've been reading from other list posters...I'm not so sure anymore.
I'll wait and see ;-)

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development