> I have Basic Authentication checked off. If I leave out NT
> Challenge I believe IE users will not be able to login.

IE supports Basic Authentication as well as NTLM Authentication (NT
Challenge/Response). NTLM Authentication is somewhat more secure than Basic
Authentication without SSL, but you could just use Basic Authentication for
all web clients.

Keep in mind that the necessary user rights will differ between
authentication methods. Basic Authentication through IIS requires that the
user have the "Log on Locally" right to the server in question, whether
through a domain or local account.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496