To be blunt and i've been on Plum since i think adam invited me ages
past, I really dig the concept and cannot fault it for what its
achieved.

I do however hold back in reservation as simply put: I don't have the
time or energy to inherit something ontop of a language that  has its
own set of problems and issues. I've been thinking a lot as of late on
what i expect out of a framework or "extension" if you will via the
WEB/COLDFUSION and in the end I just want something light thats agile
enough for me to bolt on anything when it comes to the innerds.

Mach-II is much much more agile then plum in regards to ease of use
and comparing the two is like apples and plums (hehe couldn't resist).

PLUM in many ways is like a Developers CMS / IDE for automated mundane
tasks that we do day in day out and lets face it, get sick of rolling.
When given a project i tend to want to get straight into the hard
part, but like my Guidance Counselor in high school once said "do the
easy tasks first, then come back and do the hard ones last as if you
run out of time, you have gotten more work done in the end".... didn't
understand at the time but daily in CFMX i find myself having to put
in stupid time to get to the point of writing the "hard stuff" and by
this time (I'm sure others would agree) you're basically over the
concept.

PLUM by appearances (i'm only 1 project in so i reserve the right to
change my un-informed opinion) seems to fast track you through the
crappy tasks and focus on the guts of it all.

I am still hanging out for the day when i can put together an XML
based concept that automates my view/presenter/partial model allowing
me time and energy to focus on the integration part(s) server-side. As
thats where the money is needed the most.

FLEX offers that in some way, and PLUM seems to hint and being in many
ways a similiar alternative (sure technologies are different).

So yeah Mach-II is different in so many ways and i wouldn't bother
trying to compare the two.

(PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN IGNORANT OPINION, I'VE USED IT ON AND OFF BUT
I CAN HONESTLY SAY, I HAVE MORE WORK AHEAD OF ME IN ITS USE hehehe).
--
Regards,
Scott Barnes