Thanks. Redoing our calendars is a project that will probably come up in the
next year and this could be helpful.

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: James Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 5:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Outlook and Coldfusion

I'll now revise my answer to this.

iCalendar (which is essentially vCal v2.0) is able to cope with all the
complexities of scheduling and all the other Outlook goodies. I just wrote a
few methods to deal with it. Export an Outlook appointment by forwarding it
as iCalendar (from the ations menu of the open appointment) to see the
format.

Since I can hear Jochem saying (in Dutch, no doubt), "Read the goddam RFC,"
here it is:

http://www.imc.org/rfc2445 <http://www.imc.org/rfc2445>

and more info here:

http://www.imc.org/pdi/ <http://www.imc.org/pdi/>

------------
vCal is the standard format and cflib.org has a function for dealing with
it, but in Outlook all the appointment stuff will be obscured inside MS'
proprietary TNEF standard - I'd be surprised if this were easily
reproducible.

Check out the vCal standard.  Also, if you create a meeting request in
Outlook and send it to a non-Microsoft mail client, you might be able to
view the headers and find the information that requests accepts/declines,
etc.

James Holmes
Divisional Web Interface Development Coordinator
Engineering, Science and Computing
x4864