From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 12:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Virtual Directories for Websites...follow-up remarks

> So, using ports like that would mean there would be no root directory
> for the websites?  i.e., the port would act as the root for the site?
> I'm not sure I understand the actual directory structure for
> http://66.79.46.138:85/Index.cfm...

No, you would still need to have separate virtual hosts for each site, and
each virtual host would typically have its own root directory. Using
different ports just lets you use the same IP address or DNS name to connect
to different virtual servers.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/