From: "Chris Tilley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:53 AM
Subject: SOT - Ecommerce

> Hey all,
>
> Sorry if this doesn't belong here.
>
> I'm new to ecommerce and have helped my customer set it up.  We are using
> the authorizeNet processing.  Is there someway to know all the fees
> associated with ecommerce business?  We currently get invoiced by:
> Millenium Bank Services, AuthorizeNet and Concord Payment Systems.  This
> is a bit confusing.  Could someone that is knowledgeable in this area
> assist me?  Why do you have to deal with so many companies to do online
> ecommerce?

The bank takes some (usually a per Tx fee)....the cardcompanies take some
(usually a percentage of the Tx)...the card processing company takes some
(can be  flat fee or percentage of Tx).  It does get fancier than that (like
first x Txs cost x per Tx...then after that..less per Tx).

So there ya go...all companies involved in the Tx get a  piece of the
action...and remember...if you buy something in the store....the store gets
charged (by the cc company) a percentage of the Tx for the use of the card,
and a fee to deposit the money (these are transparent to the customer).
Online the only extra fee is the cc card processing company.

HTH

Cheers