Im working on a tag to wrap around content and then save it to a file, gzip
it and serve it out. Expanding on the cf_GZipPage custom tag.

But trying to take is a step further. I would like to save the gzip'd binary
data in the db. Main reason is the expected amount of gzipped files could be
well over 100k. I would prefer to not let the file system handle finding and
reading the data.

Issue is I cannot figure out how to read the binary data from the db and
serve it back out so the browser recognizes the mime type and encoding.
Right now the only way I can get it work is if I save the data to a file
and:

<cfheader name="Content-Encoding" value="gzip">
<cfcontent file="#Attributes.Directory#\#Attributes.CacheKey#.gz"
type="text/html">

Anyone have an idea? Or am I stuck with reading it from a file?

gabe