>Parse errors are not caught with cftry/cfcatch. Reason being, the page
>couldn't compile, so it couldn't even try/catch anything.
>
>-nathan strutz
>http://www.dopefly.com/
>
>Micha Schopman wrote:

There are no parse errors involved. An expired session variable, in this case
session.cultureid should trigger the cfcatch part. The code runs perfectly when
the session.cultureid is available, but when it is not, I like to output a xml
node stating the error.

I can understand when you try to parse invalid cfml, cftry and cfcatch does not
get executed, but in the case of a missing variable on runtime I would expect
cfcatch to execute, or else cfcatch would be completely useless.