On Feb 20, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Michael Dinowitz wrote:

> I'm adding in a new feature and wanted to hear what people thought
> about it and what should be added/altered. Basically, any subscriber
> to House of Fusion/Fusion Authority (not just to a specific list) can
> enter personal keywords in association to a piece of data. This means
> that if you like the FA article on CF 7 little notes
> (http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article.cfm/ArticleID:4399), then you
> can add a keyword to it like "CF 7", CF 7 gotcha's", "freitag" or
> whatever else you want. If you like a thread on RegEx in CF-Talk or
> the RegEx list, you can label it as RegEx or the like.
> One question I have concerns threads vs. messages. Would you prefer to
> label an entire thread or a specific message (or both)? What do you
> think is missing here? Let me know what you think.
> Thanks

Michael

Do you mean that Jochem (or anybody) could label my threads or posts
with brilliant, mediocre. scheise keywords or somesuch?

If so, are searches for these keywords available to anybody?

Will there be the ability to display the defined keywords?

How will this differ from the ability we currently have with Google?

I kinda' like the idea of fleshing out the search by adding applicable
keywords not contained in the original posts/threads

Keywords are, likely, the first manifestation of metadata!.

Dick