>At 12:01 PM 2/20/2005, you wrote:
>>Though when I used CFS/HS+ I used the
>>multi-file search feature more often than the standard search feature,
>>even if I only used it against a single template. Iirc there was never
>>a keyboard shortcut for this feature, so I always had to reach out to
>>the mouse to open it, which I discovered bothered me after being
>>initially very impressed with the feature.
>
>  Instead of Control-R to search you can do Control-Shift-R for the
>extended search.

I must have forgotten about this... It had been a while since I'd used CFS/HS+
when I got this job and I guess I never reacclimatized to it...

>>The fact that DW places
>>both search and search+replace on the same window and allows me to use
>>ctrl+F to execute _any_ kind of search I might need is very convenient
>>to me now.
>
>  I hate the fact that Dreamweaver does not offer a "find previous".  I
>also wish there was a way to default the type of search features, such as
>"search in template" vs "search in site.".  I think it defaults to the
>last option you used.

That's interesting... I actually never noticed that... Probably because I
almost always perform multi-line search... so if I wanted to get "find
previous" I would just find all in the current document, start at the bottom of
the list and work my way up... which is what I almost always do.

Dreamweaver's search scope defaults to the last selected search scope, until
you select a directory in the file browser, at which point it changes the
default to "search within selected items". It's supposed to be "intuitive". :P
I actually like that myself because it feels easier to me to select a
directory, hit ctrl+f and enter my search than to hit ctrl+f, grab my mouse,
reset the select box and then enter my search. ... In retrospect, I'd probably
feel differently about it if they used either radio buttons or a multi-line
select box in the search dialog.

ike