Mike,

I'm afraid you are in a vast minority here as 1000s of people have
installed CF7 successfully. Placing the blame on MM may be a bit
hasty. From you last post, the install seems to be working fine, but
the web server connector is failing.

Being that there are a number of external issues you may introduce
with how you setup IIS, I would focus on trying to reestablish that
connection rather than keep reinstalling. Have you tried running
wsconfig?

Will CF parse templates through the built-in web server?

-Adam