> I appreciate your recommendations, the onTap framework
> definitely looks
> like a powerful tool, but I think implementation might
> take me too long
> for this current project (I've never used xsl). I'll be
> sure to look
> into on my next one. Do you know of any other possible
> replacements of
> cfforms with datagrids and other form elements?

Datagrid is actually one of the few flash elements which I
unfortunately haven't replicated with the framework -- at least not
yet. It's too bad that the <cfgrid> tag requires cfform and so can't
be used for this -- or at least not easily. Which means when I do
manage to find/make the time to implement an alternative I will have
to implement the Flash datagrid myself.

There are a few other alternatives for forms, although afaik none
quite as thorough with the possible exception of PLUM which I haven't
had time to really look into. You might give it a look if you're using
Windows and don't mind installing the .NET framework.

http://www.productivityenhancement.com/

XSL isn't terribly difficult -- or at least it wasn't for me... It
does take some getting used to tho, and there are a few learning-curve
issues that can be kinda hairy, like it took me a while to find the
syntax to copy all the attributes from a given tag (iirc it's
<xsl:copy-of select="@*" />) and case-sensitivity can be a real bitch.

> I saw this http://clearsoftware.net/jComponents1%5F0/ on
> the list this morning which has some nice looking ones.

They're not bad -- I would have prefered they use slightly different
syntax for the tabsets, but we're using them at the office where I
work currently. (It's a large existing application and it's not really
feasible to rewrite the whole app in any given framework, onTap or
otherwise.)

the jComponents tabsets use:

<cf_tab>
        <cf_tabnavigation>
                <cf_tabitem label="tab 1">
                <cf_tabitem label="tab 2">
        </cf_tabnavigation>
        <cf_tabpanel>
                ... tab 1 content here ...
        </cf_tabpanel>
        <cf_tabpanel>
                ... tab 2 content here ...
        </cf_tabpanel>
</cf_tab>

I'd have preferred

<cf_tabset>
        <cf_tab label="tab 1">
                ... tab 1 content here ...
        </cf_tab>
        <cf_tab>
                <cf_tablabel>
                        tab 2
                </cf_tablabel>
                ... tab 2 content here...
        </cf_tab>
</cf_tabset>

Which is roughly equivalent of the xml syntax for the onTap tabs.

my 2c :)

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with