From: Spike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 February 2005 16:34
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Pro/Con Moving from MSSQL to MySQL

That's a ridiculous thing to say without at least qualifying it.

MySQL is a far better tool for me than MSSQL because as a developer I
often need to be able to destroy an existing database and replace it
with a backed up version.

With MySQL I can do that in a matter of a couple of seconds from the
command line, or from a batch file. With MSSQL I need to open up
Enterprise manager and run the restore database backup function praying
that CFMX has dropped any existing connections because if it hasn't I'll
have to go stop that before doing the restore.

There's no doubt that there are times where MSSQL is a better fit, but
blythely assuming that it's always the case is naive at best.

Spike

Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX) wrote:
> Well, whatever you think of Microsoft, SQL Server is far far better then
> mySQL will ever be (cost aside that is!).

(and