Having both versions side by side is normal and by design.  You need to
uninstall 6.1 if you no longer need it.  The catch is you can only have one
on port 80 which could explain why IIS is getting killed.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Olimpio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF MX 7 stopping IIS 5.0 service

I've installed CF MX 7 on a W2K SP4 Advanced Server. The installation was an
upgrade from MX 6.1. Everything seems to be running smoothly, except for one
thing: after about 10-15 minutes CFMX 7 will kill IIS 5.0. I then will go
into the services and re-start IIS and things will appear fine for a little
while, then I'll go back a little later and IIS will be shut down again. I
checked my Event Log and noticed the following:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   ColdFusion MX Application Server
Event Category: None
Event ID:       263

The ColdFusion MX Application Server service killed process with pid 704.

I wondered if anybody had any thoughts about this.

Another thing I've noticed is that installing CFMX 7 does not seem to have
gotten rid of CFMX 6.1. In my services panel, I still have two sets of
services, one for 6.1 and one for 7. I've gone ahead and disabled the 6.1
services, but wondered if it was normal that both would appear there.

Thanks for any thoughts or feedback.