I would like to run a scenario past y'all ...

I'm developing a site for a conference.  The presentations are going to be
streamed live on the net.  The presenters all have Power Point
presentations.

I've created a page where on one side is the Window's Media Player and the
other is a space for the PP presentations.  I was just initially going to
create an applet that included all the slides in JPEG format and give the
user the ability to manually go through the slides as the speaker talks.

Using this method, it is easy to see how the user might get off sync with
the speaker.  I was thinking about maybe having someone in the presentation
with a laptop pushing the slides to the user over the net.

As the speaker changes slides, the individual with the laptop would push a
button and send a command to the web server to update the slide with the
current one.  We will have all slides before hand in JPEG format.

What do y'all think about this?  If anyone has done this before I would love
to hear from you, or anyone else for that matter who might have some
thoughts on this.

Thanks for your input,

Tim Bahlke