> Does anybody know if the WDDX implementation in CF 7 is
> actually updated from previous versions?  Is there any work
> on the project?

I would be surprised if there have been any recent changes to it, or if
there ever will be. What's to change, after all? You can still use WDDX to
describe generic datatypes.

> More to the point will the current release (now well over 5
> year old) still work in modern Java/JavaScript implementations?

The JavaScript stuff should continue to work fine. It's pretty simple
JavaScript.

> Any suggestions?
>
> I've looked at SOAP as well, but as you need to define all
> the elements anyway it would probably be easier to stick with
> what we have.

SOAP is a transport protocol which is only useful in the context of web
services. Why not just write your own schema? It's not that difficult to do
this. I don't see much reason to bother with WDDX if you have a more
domain-specific way to talk about your data.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/