Brad Roberts wrote:

> Anyone have a solution for setting the image browse and upload path
> in FCKeditor (version 2 with the default CF connector)?  I'd like to
> share the editor among several sites.

I'm actually (right now) in the middle of writing our own connector to
cope with the virtual image directories we use for cached on-the-fly
scaling and mangling of images, but the following should work fine with
the standard connector unhacked.

You don't say if you're on a Windows or *ix server, but the basic
solution we use here under Linux/Apache is to symlink the connector to
somewhere within the vhost's directory tree (the top level image
selection directory is a good place). If that's not possible on your
platform, you can always actually copy the connector.

You'll need, of course, to put the fckeditor files themselves in a
shared location and update the js config to reflect the new (symlinked)
location of the connector.

FCKConfig.ImageBrowserURL = FCKConfig.BasePath +
'filemanager/browser/default/browser.cfm?Type=Image&Connector=/images/connector.cfm';

for example.

This is all necessary because of ColdFusion's continuing bizarre failure
to let an app know what the vhost's base directory actually is; there's
no way to find out from a file that isn't (as far as ColdFusion is
concerned) physically in that directory tree. Exposure of
CGI.DOCUMENT_ROOT (if available) would make life *much* easier... There
are other ways of doing this, of course: say, a database lookup on
CGI.SERVER_NAME or just an application variable, but these would require
changes to the default connector.

--
Pete Jordan
Horus Web Engineering Ltd