So if I don't use J2EE sessions in my work I'm not going to hit this,
or is that an oversimplification?  Since I don't use them and have
them shut off in CF 6 that would be an easy thing for me to do.

One way or another CF7 is in the picture.  However the workarounds
I've seen -- specifically the ones revolving around wrapping the
cfapplication statement in a try catch block -- seem almost worse than
the cure.  They keep the app from crashing at the expense of the
session.  Since I don't have to deal with the shared server concept
I'd love to know if I can flip a switch and sidestep this issue
entirely.

One disturbing comment on the C'Tech forum made by Tim Uzzanti

...."their new licensing functions that scan subnets have been killing
services causing some of the session issues"

Thats pretty scary.  Everyone's fear with these sorts of things is
exactly what he is reporting.  Can anyone elaborate on this?  Or is it
something that is specific to the user, to put it as delicately as
possible.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems