Any logger should trap inbound emails and verify them against a stored
list... hence, you've got a built-in differentiator for VIEWS and
VISITS (rather along the sitemeter.com paradigm). What's interesting
to me is the fact that I had built this, and intended to extend it for
out site and for a client's long before I came into contact with
sitewatcher.

Incidentally, I'm seriously considering making a simple-but-effective
webservice based counter module for the traditional counter user...
blogs, online diaries, simple ecom sites... I'm intending to have it
be installed in the application scope via cfobject or createObject()
on the client end and then use simple calls back to the WS provider
for updateCount and so on, and then have a simple function for
returning an Alagad ImageCFC-produced counter based on configuration
provided via forms on our end. ALOT like sitewatcher, only in CF
(frankly I think it's really a shame that the only widely-used counter
is in ASP...)

So... would anyone use it? Would anyone pay for the service if it were
devloped richly enough to provide for needs? I know people pay for
Urchin... I'm actively looking for feedback on a service that uses
CF-native data structures and so on.

Laterz,

--
Continuum Media Group LLC