Depends upon who will be using the application.  Microsoft told us that the
license is different for say an intranet application vs. an Internet
application.  For an internal app, you would use CALs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Mulholland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: SQL licensing question

I was asked this question today by someone who received conflicting answers
on this and not knowing the answer I figured someone on here probably would:

What is the general practice in terms of licensing SQL server for use in a
web app?  Is it the standard or the only option to go with the processor
license, or can you use an existing "X" client seat license and CF is
considered 1 seat or user of the "X' available?  Is there any performance
difference in the SQL Server itself if its licensed for processor or per
client seat?

Thanks,

Scott

---