Hey guys... I just migrated some sites over to a Win 2003 server running
IIS6 and Coldfusion 7. I am running into a problem with a simple CGI
variable "CGI.URL" that's not working like it does on IIS5. It used to show
me what's in the URL of the Browser and now it's displaying the file name.
For example I have been using this CGI variable in a 404 redirect for some
time. I used to be able to call a page like this.

http://www.mysite.com/bobjones <http://www.mysite.com/bobjones>

Now there is not a folder or page called "bobjones" and so this would send
me to a custom 404 page, once redirected to the custom 404 page I would
strip the "bobjones" from the url and do a lookup in a database to find
"bobjones" and then redirect to a special page for him.

Now when I do this same technique in IIS6 instead of getting "bobjones" as
my CGI.URL variable I instead get "user_redirect.cfm" as my variable which
is the filename of the actual 404 redirect page.

This is what I use to get the variable which work in IIS5.

<cfset user = ListFirst(CGI.URL,"/")>

Anyone have any ideas on this or maybe a different way of ding this.

Thanks,

Neal Bailey