> StructKeyExists() is more specific that isDefined(), for
> example you
> could make a structure called "form" in the request scope,
> using
> isDefined() would find keys under that

Only if you specify isDefined("request.form.whatever") -- however --
if you created a structure called "form" in the variables scope (bad
idea anyway) then this might occur. Though on general principal, I
agree with the use of StructKeyExists() if at all feasible when you
know that the target variable is only one below your known-to-exist
structure. I.e. if you know that request.x.y exists and is a
structure, use structKeyExists(request.x.y,"z") -- if on the other
hand you're not certain if request.x.y exists or is a structure or
that request.x exists or is a structure, then using

isDefined("request.x.y.z")

is faster (mechanically) and easier than using

structkeyexists(request,"x") and isstruct(request.x)
and structkeyexists(request.x,"y") and isstruct(request.x.y)
and structkeyexists(request.x.y,"z")

and when the variable is well scoped in an isdefined() call

isDefined("variables.x.y.z") = good
isDefined("x.y.z") = bad

the likelyhood of namespace conflicts is minimal at best.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework