Agreed...I guess the thing that causes me to hesitate is
that I usually experience seeing Javascript on this list.
Of course, what I see here is far beyond beginner stuff, usually.

It's not so much that I don't think I can learn it, or climb
the learning curve as much as do I have time away from
CF coding that makes money now to dedicate to JS, which
I don't have much call for with the "low-level" CF work I do now,
which is basically building update, delete, and addition functions
for website calendars, announcements, photos galleries, etc.

I'm an independent web designer/programmer/trash-taker-outer,
so there's no one around demanding functionality that would
demand JS, so I just don't take the time.

I need some "2-minute tutorials" that, within a few lessons,
can give me something practical to use.

As far as future jobs with web design...I don't have any kind
of computer programming or technical degrees, so without
credentials, I'd never be hired by a company that required JS, anyway.

I'm just looking at how practical it is to learn and implement JS.
I do love a good challenge, however...get the blood pumping!

Rick