I would try looking both at the application.cfm file and any files that
might get called (like login.cfm) and replacing all the cflocations with
a simple printout of the conditions under which they are relocating (ie
"from application to index.cfm because x").

That should at least help you track down the location of the .. er..
location.

--Ben