From: Vince Bonfanti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 9:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Is BlueDragon.NET the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Excellent question. I'm giving a talk at CFUNITED-05 entitled, "CFML on
Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6.0: the .NET Advantage" on this specific topic.
This talk will discuss the advantages of .NET versus Java/J2EE on Windows
(it assumes you're already running Windows--this is not a Windows vs. Linux
talk).

In short, there are three main reasons to choose a .NET-based CFML server
over a Java/J2EE-based CFML server when running on Windows: performance and
reliability (which I cover in my talk), and platform integration with
ASP.NET and the .NET Framework.

For more on ASP.NET integration, Charlie Arehart is following with a talk
entitled, "Integrating CFML and ASP.NET Server Controls." Of course, Charlie
and I will be posting much of the information from these sessions on our
respective blogs, and I assume the session material will be on the
CFUNITED-05 web site after the conference is over.

I guess while I'm plugging both CFUNITED-05 and BlueDragon (is this still
on-topic?), for those more interested in free software--Linux, MySQL,
Apache--Dave Epler is giving a talk entitled, "LAMBDA Boxes: ColdFusion Apps
on the Cheap," which highlights the aforementioned open source products and
the free BlueDragon Server (LAMBDA stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL,
BlueDragon).

For more info on these and all the CFUNITED-05 sessions, see:

    http://www.cfunited.com/topics.cfm

If you haven't yet made plans to attend CFUNITED, you really should (and,
yes, there's going to be a lot of great speakers and sessions about CFMX 7,
too--it's not a BlueDragon show).

Vince Bonfanti
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
http://www.newatlanta.com