I used some vbscript and the Windows Scripting Host to create virtual
directories that web-enable our users' home directories.

I'm not sure if you can do this with CF, but it's worth a try.  Search
for ADSI, IIS and some other related terms on Microsoft's dev site.

Here is my code to create the virtuals.  It might give you some more
keywords on which to search:

PhysPath = "d:\users\"

Set oIIS = GetObject ("IIS://localhost/W3SVC/1")
Set IISRoot = oIIS.GetObject("IIsWebVirtualDir", "Root")

Set rootFldr = fso.GetFolder(PhysPath)

Set subFldrs = rootFldr.SubFolders

Set oRE = New RegExp

oRE.IgnoreCase = True
oRE.Pattern = "^[a-z]{2}[0-9]{1,5}$"

On Error Resume Next

For Each subFldr In subFldrs
        If (oRE.Test(subFldr.Name) = True) Then
                WScript.Echo subFldr.Path

                Set oVirtDir = IISRoot.Create("IIsWebVirtualDir",
subFldr.Name)

                oVirtDir.AccessRead = true
                oVirtDir.AccessWrite = true
                oVirtDir.EnableDirBrowsing = true