From: Ken Ferguson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:33 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SQL prob

Once again, someone pops in with this reason for doing something. It
troubles me that this manner of thinking is so prevalent, as it most
certainly means it's come about from actual experiences dealing with
people.

I don't feel that this sort of because-you-might-not-be-smart-enough
type of argument is a good reason to do anything one way or another. I'm
not taking a shot at you here Dave, far from it, but it seems that every
time someone asks "why shouldn't I do x this way," someone points out
that a good reason has to do with the fact that people won't be able to
do it right or won't be able to understand... Are people getting LESS
capable out there or are we just accepting their (I should say "our" to
include myself or just drop the possessive altogether) inadequacies more
willingly or what? On the other hand, I suppose we could be ascribing
inadequacies to people unfairly, though I rather doubt it.

My argument on these type of things is always along the lines of "do it
the way it works and performs best and if someone else isn't
smart/good/experienced enough to 'get it' then they should learn more."

Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me? It could easily be just
me; I've had it up to here with people in general this morning. If it
is, maybe I should just hit the power button and take the rest of the
day.

--Ferg