From: Burns, John D [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:04 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Generating BarCodes in CF

If you can install the font on your PC and open word and write some text
in that font to get the result you want, then you can do it on the
server.

Perhaps the reason you were seeing wingdings when you viewed their
formula output is because you don't have the required fonts installed?

If there is indeed a font that you can type and the font outputs the
barcode (like in Word) then you can just use CF to call ActivePDF and
send over the characters necessary to create the output and tell
ActivePDf to use that font (which must be installed on the server to
work correctly).

John Burns
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
Wyle Laboratories, Inc. | Web Developer