Thanks for the reply Dave. You always have great suggestions.

At this point, I cannot even connect to a local SQL Server, on the same
"10 dot" network as the CF box. I verified that both TCP/IP and Named
Pipes are enabled in the Server Network Utility, and that both Windows
and SQL Server logins are enabled on the SQL Server
Configuration\Security Tab.

I can type \\SERVERNAME\c$ for the SQLbox - from the webserver - and I
get access no problem.

I am unable to connect from the CF Admin and get the same error when I
use either the public IP or the "10 dot" IP for the SQL Server (instead
of the name).

Any ideas?