From: Greg Luce [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Migrating ODBC Datasources

Well, that would work if it were the same server. I'm installing on a
new machine. Seems like the long way around to install CF5 and then
upgrade for the sake of using the migration-wizard to copy the
datasources. I may have to do that though.

On Apr 6, 2005 4:01 PM, Steven Erat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greg Luce wrote:
> > I know how to back up datasources in CF5, and I understand the
> > datasources are stored somewhere else in CFMX. Is there a way to
> > "migrate" CF5 datasources into CFMX?
>
> When you install CFMX on the same machine and choose the upgrade option,
> then during the post-install migration wizard your CF5 datasources will
> be imported.
>
> The best documentation comes from the CFMX 6.0 docs for the CF5
> Migration Guide,

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6/Migrating_ColdFusion_5_Applicati
ons/cf_migration_guide.htm