Paul,

What I was getting at is not that the template wasn't doing its catch
thing due to malformed CF.  I understand why that won't compile.  The
issue I found is that I can also cause the sidte-wide error handler to
break as well, but break in an odd way that exposes a raw CF error
message AFTER it runs.

The site-wide handler runs some CF, and then has a cfabort in it for
good measure.  Only it doesn't cfabort.  It runs its CF (which in this
case displays the error and/or catch scopes) and THEN displays the raw
cf error message.  This is a separate template from the one with the
malformed code.  Further, by altering the location of the error I can
get the site-wide error handler to function properly again.

Its not something that is going to happen often, I think.  The message
I suppose is never screw up a CF tag before a CFCATCH or your raw
error is going onscreen.

I did all this on a copy of 6.1.  Is this by chance an issue at all in CF7?

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems