I am looking for a CF functionality, tag, or way that can allow users
add/remove/modify checkboxes/dropdown boxes dynamically.

Checkboxes are preferable if possible than dropdown boxes.

1) Adding checkboxes/ dropdown boxes

In "Category" section, there are categories like "1 North, 2 North, 2
South, 2 West, 3 West, Cath Lab, CCU, Dialysis, Emergency, Eye Center,
Home Health, ……. etc".   The users may need to add "Hospice,
Maternity, MICU, PAA, PACU, …. etc".

2) Removing checkboxes/ dropdown boxes

Users may need to remove some categories (i.e. Eye Center, Home
Health, etc) as needed if the specific categories are no longer
available.

3) Modifying the name of checkboxes/ dropdown boxes

Users may need to modify the name (i.e. from "Emergency" to "ER"; from
"Maternity" to "Mother & Baby"; etc) as needed.

Those categories are for forms, and a form can have from 1 category to
all categories, which is why I need to use checkboxes.
It is running off of SQL Server 2000.

As you can see, if I put static checkboxes, it will require huge
maintenance efforts.   Please advise how to resolve this issue or a CF
way.

tia