Bryan, there are a couple of key points in that statement. First, the main
point being made about "native integration" with J2EE and .NET being available
"only with BlueDragon" is the reference to *both* J2EE and .NET. CFMX has no
native integration with .NET. Sure, you can call web services from CFML in CFMX
(and you can run CFMX on a server with the .NET Framework installed), but
that's it.

That doesn't make it natively integrated. The .NET edition of BlueDragon truly
is a native .NET implementation of a CFML engine making your CFML pages not
only run alongside ASP.NET pages (without any BD Server) but more important
they are processed like ASPX pages (in the same pipeline) providing many new
features to your CFML (access to .NET controls like grids and calendars,
powerful internationalization, enhanced mobile device support, enhanced
caching, session persistence across restarts, and more.) You can also call .NET
objects from CFML, call CFCs from ASP.NET, treat cfquery results like .NET
datatables and vice-versa, include CFML pages from ASP.NET (and vice versa),
and more.

As the site (and our docs) explain in more detail, BD/.NET is implemented as a
.NET HttpHandler. The CFML remains CFML but is processed by the BlueDragon.DLL,
a managed assembly typically stored in the GAC (for those who know .NET). The
benefit is that your CFML can leverage nearly everything in the .NET Framework.

But I won't go on about the .NET edition. The main point is to clarify that
while you can do some similar integration with CFML and JAVA in CFMX (and the
Java editions of BlueDragon), you can't do any of this with .NET from CFML in
CFMX.

Finally, since you may be wondering why we might imply any advantage against
the J2EE edition of CFMX, I'll also note that our J2EE edition is quite a bit
more straightforward. It really is just a web app. No installer needed, no
post-deployment wizard. To answer your question, yes, you could quite easily
integrate CFML and an existing J2EE web app. But, yes, you could do that with
CFMX as well.

I'll just conclude by pointing out that if you want to deploy your CFML on
WebSphere or WebLogic, for instance, and you want to use clustering with
replication of sessions, CFMX does NOT support that, while BlueDragon does. The
lack of support for WebSphere Network Deployment, in particular, is noted in
Macromedia technotes and requirements docs. HTH.

We'll be discussing the .NET edition in much more detail at the CFUnited event,
just as I did at Powered By Detroit this past weekend. Of course, our web site
offers lots of info as well, and we can offer a live web demo or answer further
questions from anyone interested. I know many on this list prefer not to have
"sales pitch" type discussions here. I'm just answering a direct question and
am happy to take the discussion offline.

Charlie Arehart
CTO, New Atlanta Communications
makers of BlueDragon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]