> Apologies to those in advance who get this twice.
>  I have to admit i've never used he built in
>  authentication in CF (cflogin
> etc). So i'm curious to hear from everyone there thoughts
> on when it's a
> good idea and when it's a bad idea to use this versus a
> home grown solution.
>  thanks in advance.
> jonese

I've not used it, I've only heard that it's buggy... That being the
case, I've never found creating a "home grown" login solution to be
difficult in any way, so I continue to do that... Besides which, you
kinda have to build your own "home grown" login solution even if you
use them anyway, since it actually handles very little of the
user-authentication process. I have heard that if you decide to use
to make sure the previous user information is cleared prior to the new
login. I do think the tags have some built-in OS-integration features
that wouldn't be easy to replicate "from scratch", although I
personally have never needed them -- we had similar features for
windows-security integration in previous versions of CF and I never
needed those either. I would expect you'd only run into a situation
where you want that in a corporate intranet environment. But I'm no
expert on it.

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with