I think we are talking about DMZ in the terms of Demilitarized Zone.
Which does comes from the military term popularized in Korea. A true
DMZ means that your webservers are on a seperate part of the network
where all port traffic is allowed. Or in most cases, it means a less
secure part of the network where internet traffic is allowed.
Hopefully you would still have a firewall between the internet and the
DMZ to only allow certain port traffic (like 80). So any server that
_is not_ in the DMZ is inaccesible from the internet.

CF has really nothing to do with the DMZ at all. A very common setup
is to put your webservers in the 'DMZ' and your database servers on a
more secure network outside of the DMZ. Your DMZ firewall should only
allow port 80 traffic from the internet. Meaning your databases server
cannot be accessed directly from the internet.

However if you now have two seperate CF servers, MM would appericate
it if you bought the additional license. It doesn't matter if the
server is available online or not.

wikipedia definition:
In terms of computer security a demilitarized zone (DMZ) is a network
area that sits between an organisation's internal network and an
external network, usually the Internet. The DMZ allows contained hosts
to provide services to the external network, while protecting the
internal network from possible intrusions into those hosts. In
layman's terms a DMZ is like a one way street.

-Adam