Thanks for the reply Simon.  It was behaving illogically when running
through various tests which is why it wasn't making much sense to me.
For example, if I stopped one particular instance, it would not end-up
back in the cluster for quite a long time, but would eventually at
random find it's way back in, however the other instances would behave
as you said below.

I ended-up reinstalling the web server connectors and now it seems to
be behaving as one would expect it to.

Thanks,

- Brandon

--