From: Ben Mueller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFFILE slow. Is there a good replacement?

Our CFMX application needs to do a lot of file manipulation (moving
files to production, archive, etc).  I've used the cfdirectory and
cffile tags for a while to do these operations, but as we grow, those
tags just don't scale terribly well.

I've run a few tests where I invoked XCOPY from within a cf page, and
the file operations were just blindingly fast.  However, there are two
apparent problems with XCOPY:  1) sometimes, for unexplained reasons,
XCOPY doesn't actually copy everything I ask it to; 2) I don't see an
easy way to get an "I'm done" response back from XCOPY, so I can tell my
CFMX application to continue on to the next task.

Of course, it's possible that I'm missing some basic information that
would make either cffile faster or would make my XCOPY problems go away,
but assuming I have all my ducks in a row, I'm wondering what other
solutions are available to me?