On 8/30/00, Gregory Harris penned:
>Ok, I can meet you on everything but price for SQL Server, a few
>hundred $ is not gonna get you SQL Server, I'd want about $4000
>budgeted for all the SQL Server Licenses you need, but if ya can
>splurge, it'll be worth it!

Not necessarily. If you're going to be hosting it on your own server
then yes, but otherwise, if you're using a host you'll only need one
license. Probably about 1,200.00.

There is also a 120 day evaluation version you can download. There is
a learning curve, but I've had real good luck just upsizing
Access2000 databases to SQL Server. I'm sure most on the list will
say that's the wrong way to do it, but compared to what would result
from me creating a SQL Server DB from scratch.... LOL

You can also install MSDE, which is free, and just keep your Access
interface by creating a "Project". You won't have Enterprise manager,
but it's still SQL Server.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452