Yea, even though I didn't take offense, I would like to hear why not.
Maybe I am a dummy when it comes to definition of the word, but it seems
like a Southern USA English dialect is one example of an English dialect.

In fact, IIRC from my HS Spanish, I was taught that there were several
dialects of the langauge, ie; Spain has a different dialect than Mexico....

Ray

Charlie Griefer wrote:
> On 4/22/05, Irvin Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>>Why not?
>>>
>>>"Dialect: A variety of a language distinguished by variations of accent,
>>>grammar, or vocabulary." - (from McGraw-Hill site)
>>>
>>>Sounds like it to me....
>>>
>>>Ray
>>>
>>>Irvin Gomez wrote:
>>>
>>If you think that the USA has several "English dialects", then there's not
>>much I can explain to you.
>

> Sounds like your shortcoming, not his.
>
> If you are suggesting that somebody is working under a misconception or a
> misunderstanding...I would think the logical (and more courteous) choice
> would be to offer up the facts as you see them.

Ray Champagne - Senior Application Developer
CrystalVision Web Site Design and Internet Services
603.433.9559
www.crystalvision.org

The information contained in this transmission (including any attached
files) is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the person(s) named
above. If you received this transmission in error, please delete it
from your system and notify us immediately. If you are not an intended
recipient, please note that any use or dissemination of the information
contained in this transmission (including any attached files) and the
copying, printing, or retransmission of that information is strictly
prohibited. You can notify us by return email or by phone at 603.433.9559.
Thank you.