cf 4.5
IIS 4.0

I'm trying to pass a url as a cookie called DOC to another webserver in my
domain.  That webserver performs an authentication routine and should then
redirect back to my page (based on the value of DOC).  However, the value of
the cookie that is set reads as:
DOC=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eutexas%2Eedu%2Fsomedirectory%2Fsomepage%2Ecfm

in the outputted listing of cgi variables
instead of

DOC=https://www.utexas.edu/somedirectory/somepage.cfm.

The script on the other server balks at the hexadecimals.  I can't figure
out why the cookie is set that way, and if there is a way to force it to
appear as a normal string.  Any ideas? Anyone?

jamesa