I have a user authentication system in my application that allows you to
log in and view certain areas of the site based on a session variable.
I'm wondering how people handle the following scenario.

User logs in and has a browse of the site and finishes on a secure page.
Then does nothing and their session times out. Then they click refresh
on the page they're on (or click on a link to anther secure page), which
uses their session id. As the session has timed out, you need to
redirect them to log in again.

You can obviously catch the error in that page but this isn't very
scalable. You could have a list of pages in application.cfm that can
only be viewed if the session id exists and check that the current page
is in that list of pages. Again, not ideal. What does everyone else do
in this situation? Is this something CFLOLGIN can handle or is that only
suited to securing entire directories/applications. Can it work on a per
page or section of page basis.

Thanks!