> IIRC Isaac Dealey wrote up an amazing database sniffer of
> sorts that
> can figure all this out by itself, but its probably
> overkill here.
> Still its an absolute gem that I really need to start
> using myself.

Heh... thanks for the plug Matt... :)

Yea, it's probably more than you need, but there's an article on the
CFDJ site called "Leveraging JDBC or Just Fetching Coffee" which goes
over the details of how to get data type information for your columns.
Of course, it's all built into the framework (which is open-source, so
you can rip to your hearts content if you like), though given your
descrption is does rather sound like hunting deer with a howitzer. :)

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework