From: Mary Jo Sminkey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Good Miva Merchant Store replacement

>I thing I hate, not about CFWebStore, but about Fusebox, is the URLs that
it
>forces you to use.  Is there no way to hide that complexity and use simple
>URLs?

Now there *are* ways to use simpler URLs, if that really is of importance to
you. I actually include a little "shortcut" page for sending out links to
product pages so you don't have to use the longer, more complex FB URL. It
takes a link that looks like "go.cfm?id=2" and redirects the user to the
cooresponding product page. You could easily recode this to actually include
the product page directly and you could do something similar for category
and other store pages if desired. But again, I don't know that there's
really much benefit to this.

Mary Jo Sminkey
http://www.cfwebstore.com

Author of CFWebstore,