Simply put... You'll need to put something in the empty fields one way or
another.

If not before it's pulled in as a query structure, then you'll have to bring
it in as a string and fix the empty values.

Replace 'tab tab' with 'tab null tab'
Replace 'chr(13)chr(10) tab' with 'chr(13)chr(10) null tab'
Replace 'tab chr(13)chr(10)' with 'tab nullchr(13)chr(10)'

(I think that would cover all the possible empties.)
(no spaces of course)

Then put it in a query structure

And you could treat it as a nested tab delimited list inside a
chr(13)chr(10) delimited list and replace empty list items with whatever you
wanted

Then put it in a query structure

Messy? Yes. Huge lists usually are. The best thing to do would be to fix it
before it is read in.